Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thirsting...

(Photo courtesy of Julie @ http://juliology.blogspot.com)
Psalm 42: 1
As the deer pants for the water brooks, So my soul pants for you, O God.
New American Standard Bible

I still recall the day when my Dad was in surgery, I walked into the chapel and when I read the open Bible on the pulpit, the above verse is what I read.

Immediately the Lord brought this calm over me, I had been very weary and thirsting for His power and strength to get through the day.

In that moment, I felt like I had drank water...and he nourished my soul and gave our family the victory we were praying for.

A Scripture to me is like a Vitamin......only it nourishes my spiritual body, as well as my physical body. A Scripture a day definitely quenches my thirst!

Hugs ~ While Staying in the Day!
~CC

1 comment:

Julie said...

Your poem to me is the dearest thing. I am going to find one in french just for you.... or perhaps a frenchman who can translate my version into one that you must read with a tam on your head and a baguette on your bike.
(or something like that)

For now, I am a mind full of ideas and your in the mix.
Be back soon.

Hugs to you.
J.