Friday, May 18, 2012

The artwork in the framed print says, "Focus on the day, not the years!"

I guess for birthdays, that fits perfectly.

But in marriage, I think it's fitting to focus on the years!
We're celebrating a milestone for us, 30 years...

It's exactly one decade since our marriage appeared to be ending.
It seemed like I'd never ever trust again...
In those days, I had to focus on the day...just to stay in it!

But now, I do focus on the years, and it's a positive focus.  
The years of us working hard together to overcome the obstacles that came our way.  
The years that I wondered if I'd ever "cross over" to the other side and find my way back to love him like I'd loved him before the betrayal.

And yes, I did learn to trust him again - and honestly I questioned whether I ever could for many many years.   
I did learn to "cross over" to the other side and have found I love him more than I did yesterday.

We are driving off soon to St. Augustine, FL where we'll spend celebrating our milestone Anniversary...
We'll reconnect, and we'll celebrate the "Miracle" of God saving our marriage.

I always heard that a true marriage takes "3".
In our case, that rang true~

Thank you Lord for rescuing me, "us"...
and for giving us a marriage that beat all the odds...
It truly was all  because of "You"!

I continue to work hard after all these years just to "Stay in the Day"...
but now for different reasons~

Happy Anniversary to US!
~CC Catherine

No comments: